musings of a saint and sinner

Monday, February 27, 2006

music

Last night, I went to the Rescue Mission in the city. I was to speak there because our church was sponsoring a service and a meal. And our worship band was there playing gospel and praise songs. After the service, I attempted to make some small talk with some of the ladies there, but ran out of things to say. So I decided to go "jam" with the band. It's been so long since I've hung out with musicians, but it was the most fun I've had in a while. One of the guitarists was playing a lot of bluegrass...he said that he used to make fun of it until he came to times of pain in his own life...and then he knew what all of the songs were talking about. That's my experience of country music, bluegrass, and folk too...I may not know a lot of the music (I've only been into it for about 5 years), but what I know I love....because it speaks so sympathetically of the sorrows we all face. And it paints a real picture of all of the other things that we experience...the joys too. Music can truly heal the soul. It makes us not feel alone anymore.

Last night made me wish that I could sing in a country or bluegrass band for real. I love the harmonies, the words, the music. If I could fulfill a dream not for any other reason than the pure pleasure in doing it, that would be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Counters
hit Counter