musings of a saint and sinner

Thursday, February 23, 2006

strengthening the faith muscle

Ouch....It's painful...I don't want to exert myself. I'm a couch potato Christian, comfortable and cozy. I want everything handed to me on a silver platter. Ask me to face up to trials and pain and things that make me unsteady? I don't want to. Isn't God supposed to make my life smooth and easy? Don't I deserve it by now...after all the pain and trials I've been through?

You know when I feel most afraid? When money is unstable, questionable, unable to be trusted in. I like to trust in what I can see, hold on to it with all of my might.

Is money my god? I'm not rich...how could it be?

And yet I find myself freaking out when it isn't a sure thing.

So...maybe I idolize money.

Maybe God is training me...like weight-lifting...giving me more to lift so that my faith muscle gets stronger.

The strain comes when I have to trust Him for no other reason than He said so.

Trust Him to provide. Trust Him that no matter what happens, He will be by my side.

Suddenly being a couch potato doesn't cut it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Counters
hit Counter