musings of a saint and sinner

Monday, November 28, 2005

beginning

I have had this website for some time now. I also have a blog in which I talk with peers about struggles and joys of preparing for Christian ministry, specifically in the Lutheran church. But I need a place in which I can write more personal reflections...reflections about the reality of being a person who is at the same time old and new...someone who carries the baggage of this "bag of bones," this "body of death" (as the Apostle Paul calls it), while at the same time looking forward to heaven, to freedom, to life...and even now tasting the firstfruits of this life through the spirit...

Hence, the title of this blog.

My aim is that it at least be honest...not hopeless, because after all, I have Christ...and not sappy because after all, I still war with the world, flesh, and devil every day...So let these writings be honest and real...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Counters
hit Counter